How can there be too many children? That's like saying there are too many flowers. -- Blessed Mother Teresa


Lo, I am Thy servant, ready to obey Thee in all things; for I do not desire to live for myself, but for Thee; O that I could do so after a faithful and perfect manner!
St. Therese, the Little Flower

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Grandma in Texas' Sloppy Joes

This is one of my favorite recipes.  I used to ask Grandma to make these when I visited her in Amarillo.  I double this for my family.

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup finely diced celery
1/4 large green bell pepper chopped fine

1/4 cup chili sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1 cup water
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
2 tbsp vinegar
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp chili powder

Brown meat, onions, celery, bell pepper.  Drain fat.  Combine remaining ingredients.  Mix well.  Pour over meat.  Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Serve between hot hamburger buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment